Thursday 26 February 2015

Dinosaur Poems

We were working on our virtue of creativity today.  We shared a poem about a stegosaurus.  We worked out that if this dinosaur decided to have a nap in our classroom, there wouldn't really be much room because it would be as tall as our classroom is long!


We drew our own dinosaurs, let me tell you, there were some crazy look creatures in our books.  Next we used a structure to help us write our poem.  Here are a couple to make you smile.....


My dinosaur is a ghostasaurus
He has different colours
His legs are like the invisible man
His head is like a jellyfish
His teeth are like old lady gums
If I could touch him, he would feel like soft clouds
My dinosaur eats cricketballs!
By Todd


My dinosaur is a stompasaurus
He has spikes, stripes and giant feet
His legs are like a machine
His head is like a pillow
His teeth are like little toes
If I could touch him, he would feel bumpy
My dinosaur eats people.
By Arianna


My dinosaur is a prickasaurus
He has spikes, lots of patterns and a giraffe neck
His legs are like meatballs and sticks
His head is like a golf ball
His teeth are like a crocodile jaw
If I could touch him, he would feel very fluffy and try to bite me
My dinosaur eats people and other dinosaurs!
By Charlie

My dinosaur is a Declanasaurus
He has spikes everywhere
His legs are like a power pole
His head is squishy like glue
His teeth are sharp like a rock
If I could touch him, he would feel sharp
My Dinosaur eats meat.
By Navarro


Great poems guys!
Come and have a look in our reading books for more creative writing.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Room 4. :) I wonder if Todd will let the ghostasaurus eat his cricket balls!!

    ReplyDelete